Learn more about cosmetic dentistry from your Rigby dentists.
Smile problems? Cosmetic dentistry can give you the Hollywood smile you've always wanted. Cosmetic dentistry refers to any dental work used to improve the appearance of a patient's smile. Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen at Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID, offers a full range of cosmetic dentistry services. Read on to find out which cosmetic dentistry procedures are right for you.
1. Teeth Whitening- Professional teeth whitening can give you the white smile you've always wanted. In-office bleaching involves combining hydrogen peroxide gel with a special light to speed up the process. In-office bleaching can make your teeth 8-10 shades lighter in about 45 minutes. Professional take-home whitening involves custom-fitted, dental trays filled with a bleaching gel that you can use at home. A take-home treatment can make your teeth several shades lighter in a couple of weeks.
2. Dental Veneers- Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin shells that are placed over the front of the teeth to enhance your smile. Veneers are used to fix teeth that are weakened, crooked, chipped, cracked, and discolored. They're also used to fix gaps between teeth. Veneers provide strength comparable to tooth enamel. These shells are very resistant to wear and fractures.
3. Cosmetic Fillings- Everyone needs a dental filling at some point in their lives. Cosmetic fillings, or tooth-colored fillings, are used to restore decayed or damaged teeth. Cosmetic dental fillings are also used to replace amalgam (silver) fillings for cosmetic purposes. They are made of ceramic and plastic compounds. Cosmetic dental fillings look just like natural teeth.
4. Dental Bonding- Dental bonding is the application of a tooth-colored material using a light, which bonds the material to the teeth to improve your smile. Dental bonding is used to repair teeth that are cracked, chipped, and decayed. Bonding is also used to improve the appearance of stained teeth, make the teeth appear longer, change the shape of the teeth, and close gaps between teeth.
5. Dental Implants- There's no need to go through life with missing teeth. Dental implants are a durable, natural-looking option for replacing missing teeth. Dental implants are small posts that are surgically positioned into the jawbone underneath your gums. There are many advantages to dental implants, including improved appearance, improved speech, and easier eating.
If you want a Hollywood smile, this is your chance! Start your journey today! Call Townesquare Dental at 208-745-8704 today to schedule a dental consultation in Rigby, ID. We've helped many people enhance their smiles, giving them more self-confidence and improving their lives. And we will do the same for you!
Does the idea of going to the dentist make your heart race and your hands sweat? Please don't neglect your oral health because dental visits make you nervous. At Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID, sedation dentistry helps alleviate the anxiety you may feel, allowing you to get the care you deserve. Dr. Richard George, Dr. Boone Allen, and their team have the skill, tools, and compassionate attitude you need to relax.
Why people have dental fear
It happens for a variety of reasons. Maybe a person had a past bad experience with another oral health care provider. Maybe the individual worries about pain and gagging or dislikes dental instruments or the perceived invasion of personal space. Another reason for postponing dental care is embarrassment over the condition of teeth and gums.
Whatever concern is, you're not alone. The American Association of Endodontists reports that a full 80 percent of American adults are afraid of going to the dentist. The team at Townesquare Dental encourage you to be open about your apprehension and tell your dentist what's going on. Together, you can arrive at your best solution.
Oral conscious sedation
To allay fears and relax nervous patients, Dr. George and Dr. Allen offer oral conscious sedation. These tranquilizers in pill form are familiar to most people--medications such as Valium, Ativan, and Versed to name a few.
During an initial consultation with your Rigby dentist, you'll discuss your concerns about dental visits. Dr. Allen or Dr. George will review your medical history and current medications. Together, you'll decide what medication is right for you and when to use it. Some people require oral sedation for dental exams and cleanings while some need it for fillings or more complex restorative treatments.
Whatever the need, you can rely on your dentist's expertise in choosing the right sedation and on fully monitoring you during your treatments. With oral conscious sedation, the medication will be administered prior to your procedure. It will make you feel very relaxed and drowsy. Some people even drop off to sleep. However, you will be able to respond to verbal commands and awaken easily when you're done.
Many patients don't recall their treatments afterwards. All patients require a responsible adult driver to accompany them home from Townesquare Dental.
Find out more
For more information on sedation dentistry options and how they can help you, call Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID, for an individualized consultation. You'll find our office and professional staff to be comfortable and welcoming. Call today: (208) 745-8704.
What your dentists in Rigby want you to know
Periodontal disease can sneak up on you and unfortunately, it can cause you to lose your smile. It’s important to know how to recognize periodontal disease because if treated early, periodontal disease can be effectively managed. Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen at Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID want to share the facts about how to recognize periodontal disease.
Periodontal disease starts out as gum disease, which can be cured by brushing and flossing after meals and before bed. You must also floss every day because brushing doesn’t clean in between your teeth where disease often starts. You can recognize gum disease by these signs and symptoms:
- Your gums bleed when you brush and floss
- Your gum tissue looks irritated and red
- Your gums appear puffy and swollen
- You experience gum pain during brushing, flossing, or eating
- You experience frequent bad breath or a sour taste in your mouth
If you can recognize gum disease early, with an excellent oral hygiene program at home and some help from the dental experts at Townesquare Dental, you can reverse gum disease and regain your healthy mouth.
If gum disease goes untreated, it may progress to periodontal disease which cannot be reversed. Periodontal disease can only be managed and maintained. When you have periodontal disease, you will experience all of the signs and symptoms of gum disease and a few more, including:
- Developing spaces or gaps between your teeth
- Teeth that are loose or painful
- A change in your bite
- Pus coming out between your gums and your teeth
- A bad odor coming from your mouth
- Gums that have receded away from the tooth surface, elongating the look of your teeth
If you think you might have gum or periodontal disease, it’s best to visit your dentist as soon as you can. Don’t wait, because your disease will only get worse. Your dentist will perform a thorough exam and take state-of-the-art x-rays to determine the level of gum and bone support you have lost. Your dentists in Rigby can then make recommendations on the best course of treatment.
Don’t ignore the signs of gum and periodontal disease. You want to keep your smile for a lifetime so call Dr. George and Dr. Allen at Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID. Protect your smile by calling today!
When optimal dental health is your goal, it’s important to make every possible effort to preserve all of your teeth for as long as possible. Unfortunately, about 178 million Americans are missing one or more teeth according to the American College of Prosthodontists. This is mainly due to poor oral hygiene and not going to the dentist regularly for cleanings. One of the treatments that allows you to avoid tooth extraction is root canal therapy. Explore whether you may need to visit your Rigby, ID, dentist soon for a root canal to heal and restore your smile.
What Is a Root Canal?
A root canal is a restorative treatment that dentist’s use to save diseased teeth. A regular cleaning will clear up bacteria-filled plaque and film from around the outside of the tooth, while a root canal cleans the inside of the tooth. When there is tooth decay, the dentist removes the inflamed tissue, stops the infection, and fills the inner canals with a protective material.
Is a Root Canal Necessary?
A root canal is usually needed when there is intense tooth pain, throbbing, and swelling. When a tooth is painful, it means that the nerves inside of the teeth are being infected by bad bacteria. Another sign that you may need a root canal is if you start to notice strange boils or bumps on the gum line around the tooth. That may be a sign of a dental abscess.
Healing After a Root Canal
After your Rigby, ID, dentist finishes treating your tooth with a root canal, it is imperative that you keep a watchful eye over it. Inform your dentist of any concerns after the appointment and follow instructions closely. In a few weeks, you will return to the dentist to have a permanent crown placed over the affected tooth. The crown will provide much-needed protection.
Go in for a Tooth Consultation
The final word on whether you need a root canal will come from your Rigby, ID, dentist. Call TowneSquare Dental today at (208) 745-8704 to set up a tooth consultation with Dr. Richard George or Dr. Boone Allen.
Having a family dentist is more important than you may think. Here are some reasons you should be visiting Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen in Rigby, ID.
You should have an oral and dental examination at your Rigby family dentist's office every six months. In addition to visiting your doctor, maintaining a healthy oral habit is essential. Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day; brush your teeth after you eat breakfast and before you go to bed with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Flossing is another important step, once before bed is the minimum for healthy teeth.
Your dentist can help show you the best dental hygiene methods, what products to use and ensure your children are learning these habits too!
Dental Procedures Your Rigby Family Dentist Provides:
- Root Canal: One of the main reasons people end up needing a root canal is because of poor oral hygiene. If you don't brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once, then you will suffer from plaque and tartar building up. Plaque and tartar are not only difficult to clean at some point, but you have to deal with bacteria eating away at your teeth.
- In-office teeth whitening: It's a convenient procedure and doesn't take long. The gel is left on your teeth for a few minutes and, if necessary, a laser is used to speed up the process. Your dentist will remove the gel, then reapply the teeth whitening gel several times throughout the one-hour treatment.
- Dental implants: They are state-of-the-art installations that are used to fix gaps in your smile. The process of getting a dental implant is straightforward. Your dentist applies local anesthesia to the problem area and removes any remnants of the old tooth, drills into the jawbone and inserts a titanium post. The titanium post is biocompatible, so your body will not reject it.
If you want to schedule an appointment with Dr. George and Dr. Allen in Rigby, ID, call (208) 745-8704.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.