Posts for tag: dental implants
Interested in getting dental implants Rigby, ID? Get all of your questions answered first.
Are you trying to figure out the best way to replace your missing tooth or teeth? Want to know more about implants before you decide whether you should sit down with our Rigby, ID, dentists Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen to discuss your tooth loss options? Here’s what most people want to know about dental implants.
What is a dental implant?
These titanium posts are designed to replace the roots of your missing tooth. In order to do this our Rigby, ID, general dentist will need to place the implant into the jawbone where it will integrate with bone and tissue to provide a long-term support for a false tooth or teeth (often a dental crown).
Who is a good candidate for implants?
Any adult who is missing at least one tooth and is in good health could be a candidate for implants. In order to determine whether or not you are a good candidate for treatment you will need to come in for a consultation. Good candidates will:
- Be non-smokers
- Possess good oral and general health
- Not have any uncontrolled or unmanaged chronic health conditions (e.g. diabetes)
- Not have a compromised immune system
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Not be undergoing chemotherapy or radiation
- Be dedicated to maintaining good oral hygiene
Does getting an implant hurt?
No, the process should not be painful. After all, the implant is placed under local anesthesia and sometimes sedation so the area will be completely numb. Your dentist may also provide a pain reliever for any post-surgical pain you may experience.
What should I expect from the treatment process?
There are several steps involved in getting dental implants and it can take up to one year or more to place your implants based on how many you are getting and how long it takes your mouth to heal. During you evaluation we will be able to provide you with an estimate regarding the length of treatment.
Here are the steps involved:
- Placing the implant
- 3-6 months healing period where the implant and jawbone fuse together
- Placing the abutment (this structure connects the implant and false tooth together)
- Placing the permanent crown or dentures
How long do implants last?
With the proper care, implants can last several decades. In fact, many patients have had their implants for well over 40 years.
If you are living with tooth loss and want to find out if dental implants can turn your smile around then call Towne Square Dental in Rigby, ID, today to schedule a consultation.
Say goodbye to tooth loss and get a beautiful smile back with this long-term restoration.
Don’t you wish you had a smile that was as perfect or as close to perfect as your favorite stars in Hollywood? While you may just assume that this is completely out of reach, particularly if you are dealing with tooth loss, you might be surprised to hear that our Rigby, ID, cosmetic dentists, Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen, offer a cosmetic restoration that could give your smile that star-studded appeal.
We know that most people want to find an artificial tooth replacement that resembles a natural tooth. While you could choose to get dentures or a dental bridge, why not get the next best thing to a real tooth? Implants are small metal screws or posts that are meant to take the place of tooth roots.
An implant is truly the ideal way to fully restore how your smile functions. Think how great it will feel to be able to chew comfortably again. Not to mention the fact that an implant will fill that gap in your smile and give you a full, natural-looking smile again. Once you have an implant, your confidence in your appearance will soon return.
There are other benefits to getting dental implants from our Rigby, ID, dentists that you may not even realize. It can support your facial muscles, prevent teeth from shifting around and strenghten your jawbone.
Furthermore, once an implant fully bonds with the jawbone it is considered a permanent restoration. With the proper maintenance and care, an implant can last several decades or even the rest of your life. No other restoration lasts as long as dental implants. If you are a healthy adult who doesn’t smoke and is looking to replace one or more teeth then you could have what it takes to get implants.
Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID, is ready to give you the cosmetic and restorative dentistry you’ve been looking for. Don’t let tooth loss have the final say. Call us today to schedule your consultation!
Has a missing tooth left a noticeable gap in your smile? Closing that gap is simple with a dental implant. The dentists at Towne Square Dental in Rigby, ID - Dr. Richard George, Dr. Boone Allen and Dr. Nathan George - explain how you'll benefit from dental implants.
The perfect tooth loss solution
If you've lost one or more teeth, you may have considered bridges or dentures. Those choices can restore your smile, but they have one important drawback. Neither option replaces your tooth roots. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that creates an entire new tooth, starting with the roots.
After your implant is added to your jawbone, it will gradually fuse to your bone during osseointegration, one of the most important steps in the entire process. After the titanium implant osseointegrates, a crown will be connected to it to restore function and improve your appearance.
Why root replacement is so important
Your teeth have to be amazingly strong to tear and bite meat, crusty breads and crunchy carrots. Without stable roots, you wouldn't be able to eat these foods. Since your implant is securely attached to your jawbone, you'll never have to worry that your crown will slip when you bite into your favorite foods. In fact, dental implants offer superior comfort because they don't irritate your gums. Most people who receive implants in Rigby don't notice any difference between their implants and regular teeth.
Root replacement also helps you avoid bone loss, a not uncommon problem that can occur after you lose a tooth. Your tooth roots constantly press on your jawbone and are an essential factor in maintaining bone strength. When those roots no longer exert any pressure on the bone, it may eventually begin to shrink. As the bone recedes, some of your other teeth may become loose. A strong jawbone also helps support your facial muscles. If you experience bone loss, you may also that your face begins to sag, which can contribute to premature aging.
Close your gap with dental implants! Call Dr. Allen, Dr. Richard and Dr. George of Towne Square Dental in Rigby, ID, at (208) 745-8704 to schedule your appointment.
Tooth loss doesn’t have to affect your life. Regain a beautiful smile once more.
It can be so disheartening when you look at your once beautiful smile and the only thing you see is your tooth loss. Fortunately, our Rigby, ID dentists, Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen, are making it easier and easier to restore your missing teeth so that you can regain confidence in your smile.
Why dental implants?
This is one of the best ways to replace a missing tooth, particularly because it offers patients a lot of unique benefits that other tooth replacements like dentures or bridges don’t offer. Here are just some of the amazing advantages you’ll earn when you decide to get dental implants in Rigby:
- A Natural New Smile: An implant is designed to look and feel just like a real tooth. While pretty much anything you read will tell you that nothing is as good as a natural tooth, dental implants are a pretty good second best. Even the restoration that is placed on top of the implant is designed to match the color and shape of your smile to give you a new tooth that you won’t be able to tell apart from the rest of your natural teeth.
- Eat What Makes You Happy: People will say that dentures can give you back your smile but it’s often disheartening when someone wants to enjoy their favorite foods but finds that their dentures move or shift around while eating. Having to cut food into bite-sized pieces all the time can become annoying, but dental implants won’t shift around in your mouth. They stay put so that you can enjoy a fully functioning tooth that will be able to keep up with your healthy appetite.
- Natural Teeth Remain the Same: Other restorations often require that neighboring teeth to play some role in supporting the dental structure. To support a dental bridge, two teeth have to be filed down to wear dental crowns. But with dental implants, you won’t have to worry about affecting the health of your other teeth.
- The Strongest Foundation: You know how we mentioned that dentures can move around in your mouth? Dental implants certainly won’t. Since they are fixed to your jawbone, this is actually the most stable and unmovable tooth replacement you can get. Since implants are made from a biocompatible material like titanium, the body won’t reject the new restoration.
Nothing is better than knowing that you have a dental restoration that will look and feel just like a real tooth. If you are ready to find out if dental implants are right for you then turn to Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID.
How Do Dental Implants Work? Why dental implants can work for you
Before dental implants came along, if you were missing teeth you would have had to choose between bridgework, removable partials, dentures, or just going without teeth and making the best of things. Now thanks to modern dental materials and technology, you can choose dental implants, the best option for replacing missing teeth. To start the process, see an implant expert like the skilled professionals at Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID.
Why They Work
Dental implants are constructed of titanium, a very strong material. But what makes titanium unique is that it is “biocompatible,” meaning your soft tissue and bone will react well to it. Your body won’t reject the material. In fact, dental implants have the highest success rate of any surgical implant--over 95 percent!
A titanium implant functions as the prosthetic “root” of your missing tooth. Your Rigby dentist will insert the implant into your jaw. Over time, the unique qualities of titanium will allow the implant to fuse with your bone and provide permanent support to the implant. After your tissue has healed, the implant is capped with a sparkling, natural-looking crown.
Why They are Different
Dental implants create an extremely durable solution to missing teeth, and they can even last a lifetime if properly cared for. There are many advantages dental implants have over bridges, partials or dentures such as:
- Dental implants don’t require treatment of your surrounding teeth, unlike bridgework
- Dental implants can be cleaned just like your existing teeth, unlike partials and dentures
- Dental implants don’t move around while you are speaking and eating, unlike some partials and dentures
- Dental implants look just like your natural teeth, unlike partials and dentures
Dental implants also help to retain the bone in your jaw, unlike partials and dentures. When you can retain bone, it helps to maintain your firm jawline, giving you a more youthful look.
You owe it to yourself to learn more about how dental implants work and what they can do to improve your looks and your life. Get started today by calling the dentists at Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID. Call today!