Posts for tag: Cosmetic Dentistry
Learn more about cosmetic dentistry from your Rigby dentists.
Smile problems? Cosmetic dentistry can give you the Hollywood smile you've always wanted. Cosmetic dentistry refers to any dental work used to improve the appearance of a patient's smile. Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen at Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID, offers a full range of cosmetic dentistry services. Read on to find out which cosmetic dentistry procedures are right for you.
1. Teeth Whitening- Professional teeth whitening can give you the white smile you've always wanted. In-office bleaching involves combining hydrogen peroxide gel with a special light to speed up the process. In-office bleaching can make your teeth 8-10 shades lighter in about 45 minutes. Professional take-home whitening involves custom-fitted, dental trays filled with a bleaching gel that you can use at home. A take-home treatment can make your teeth several shades lighter in a couple of weeks.
2. Dental Veneers- Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin shells that are placed over the front of the teeth to enhance your smile. Veneers are used to fix teeth that are weakened, crooked, chipped, cracked, and discolored. They're also used to fix gaps between teeth. Veneers provide strength comparable to tooth enamel. These shells are very resistant to wear and fractures.
3. Cosmetic Fillings- Everyone needs a dental filling at some point in their lives. Cosmetic fillings, or tooth-colored fillings, are used to restore decayed or damaged teeth. Cosmetic dental fillings are also used to replace amalgam (silver) fillings for cosmetic purposes. They are made of ceramic and plastic compounds. Cosmetic dental fillings look just like natural teeth.
4. Dental Bonding- Dental bonding is the application of a tooth-colored material using a light, which bonds the material to the teeth to improve your smile. Dental bonding is used to repair teeth that are cracked, chipped, and decayed. Bonding is also used to improve the appearance of stained teeth, make the teeth appear longer, change the shape of the teeth, and close gaps between teeth.
5. Dental Implants- There's no need to go through life with missing teeth. Dental implants are a durable, natural-looking option for replacing missing teeth. Dental implants are small posts that are surgically positioned into the jawbone underneath your gums. There are many advantages to dental implants, including improved appearance, improved speech, and easier eating.
If you want a Hollywood smile, this is your chance! Start your journey today! Call Townesquare Dental at 208-745-8704 today to schedule a dental consultation in Rigby, ID. We've helped many people enhance their smiles, giving them more self-confidence and improving their lives. And we will do the same for you!
If your imperfect smile is all you see when you look in the mirror, you could benefit from cosmetic dentistry. Whether your issue is with the tooth you chipped 10 years ago or the discolorations from your morning coffee, your cosmetic dentist can help you correct your teeth’s flaws and get your smile back. Learn more with your dentist at Towne Squaredental in Rigby, ID.
What can cosmetic dentistry do for me?
Cosmetic dentistry focuses more on the aesthetic side of dentistry than improving the teeth’s functionality. If you have a smile you feel could be improved, your cosmetic dentist can help. Cosmetic dentistry is extremely versatile and includes anything from repairing chipped teeth to giving your teeth a whole new look with dental veneers. Your Rigby dentist can help you determine which cosmetic dentistry procedures are best for you and your mouth.
Examples of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Rigby, ID
- Teeth whitening: If your smile is dull or stained, teeth whitening may be for you. Providing big results in only about an hour’s time, teeth whitening is an effective and, compared to some other procedures, simple way to breathe new life into your smile.
- Veneers: Dental veneers mask your teeth to give them a whole new look. Carved from a block of ceramic, dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain which your dentist affixes to the surfaces of your teeth. These restorations can permanently hide stubborn stains, fill small gaps, adjust the teeth’s alignment, or even correct teeth length to even out your smile.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are a permanent, effective, and functional option to replace your missing tooth or teeth. Unlike traditional dentures or bridges, dental implants also replace your tooth’s root, providing the bone in which it lies the proper stimulation to stay healthy, preventing bone atrophy.
- Bonding: Dental bonding is an option for teeth which have small imperfections or abnormalities. Bonding is great for teeth which have small chips. During the procedure, composite resin placed directly onto the tooth allows your dentist to mold the material into the proper shape for your tooth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. Richard George, DMD and Dr. Dr. Boone Allen, DDS at Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID. Call (208) 745-8704 to schedule your consultation for cosmetic dentistry today!
Are you ready to transform your smile from blah to brilliant? If so, visiting your dentist at Towne Square Dental in Rigby for cosmetic dentistry is one fantastic way to do just that. First, however, you need to figure out which procedure is best for you. Here are a few common options you may want to consider.
When you smile, do others see nothing more than a mouth full of silver? If so, why not replace those old metal fillings with new and inconspicuous tooth-colored composite fillings. Composite fillings work just as well as traditional amalgam fillings, but no one has to know you had cavities filled but you.
Do your teeth have small cracks or chips or is a portion of your tooth's root exposed? If so, dental bonding may be just right for you. Dental bonding is a procedure in which a small amount of resin is formed and attached to the tooth, and it can be used to cover any number of small imperfections.
Whether your teeth are slightly yellowed or majorly discolored, professional tooth whitening can transform your smile into a beautiful, brilliant white smile once again. Skip the over-the-counter treatments, which often take days or week to work and which may even harm your tooth enamel, and opt for safe, fast and effective professional tooth whitening from a dentist at Towne Square Dental in Rigby instead.
Perhaps your teeth have multiple imperfections you'd like to correct, such as small gaps, discoloration, crookedness or an awkward shape. If so, correct all of these minor imperfections at once with dental veneers. Dental veneers attach right to the front of your teeth, completely covering up whatever problems hide behind.
Of course, if your teeth are severely damaged or even missing altogether, replacing them with dental implants may be your best option. Dental implants offer an impressive number of benefits, including strength, durability, permanence and a natural look and feel. Talk to your dentist at Towne Square Dental in Rigby about how dental implants can help restore your smile once again.
Just because your smile isn't picture perfect now doesn't mean that it can't be in the near future. Call Towne Square Dental in Rigby and speak to your dentist to find out which cosmetic procedure or combination of procedures can help you achieve the perfect smile you've been wanting.