Posts for category: Dental Procedures
Interested in getting dental implants Rigby, ID? Get all of your questions answered first.
Are you trying to figure out the best way to replace your missing tooth or teeth? Want to know more about implants before you decide whether you should sit down with our Rigby, ID, dentists Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen to discuss your tooth loss options? Here’s what most people want to know about dental implants.
What is a dental implant?
These titanium posts are designed to replace the roots of your missing tooth. In order to do this our Rigby, ID, general dentist will need to place the implant into the jawbone where it will integrate with bone and tissue to provide a long-term support for a false tooth or teeth (often a dental crown).
Who is a good candidate for implants?
Any adult who is missing at least one tooth and is in good health could be a candidate for implants. In order to determine whether or not you are a good candidate for treatment you will need to come in for a consultation. Good candidates will:
- Be non-smokers
- Possess good oral and general health
- Not have any uncontrolled or unmanaged chronic health conditions (e.g. diabetes)
- Not have a compromised immune system
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Not be undergoing chemotherapy or radiation
- Be dedicated to maintaining good oral hygiene
Does getting an implant hurt?
No, the process should not be painful. After all, the implant is placed under local anesthesia and sometimes sedation so the area will be completely numb. Your dentist may also provide a pain reliever for any post-surgical pain you may experience.
What should I expect from the treatment process?
There are several steps involved in getting dental implants and it can take up to one year or more to place your implants based on how many you are getting and how long it takes your mouth to heal. During you evaluation we will be able to provide you with an estimate regarding the length of treatment.
Here are the steps involved:
- Placing the implant
- 3-6 months healing period where the implant and jawbone fuse together
- Placing the abutment (this structure connects the implant and false tooth together)
- Placing the permanent crown or dentures
How long do implants last?
With the proper care, implants can last several decades. In fact, many patients have had their implants for well over 40 years.
If you are living with tooth loss and want to find out if dental implants can turn your smile around then call Towne Square Dental in Rigby, ID, today to schedule a consultation.
These little restorations might be what you need to preserve the health of a tooth.
While a dental crown may not turn you into royalty, it will protect and restore a tooth after its been damaged. If you are currently dealing with a weak, cracked, fractured or decaying tooth it’s important that you turn to our Rigby, ID, dentists Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen right away for treatment. In many cases, a simple dental crown may be all you need to restore the damaged tooth.
How do dental crowns work?
A crown is a custom-made restoration that is designed to look just like the crown of a tooth. The restoration is hollow, which allows it to fully cover and encapsulate the natural tooth structure to prevent further damage to the natural structure and to strengthen the tooth. You can think of a crown as a protective barrier or fort around the tooth. A crown is designed to fit all the way down to the gumline where it is cemented into place.
While crowns can be made from different types of material, our Rigby, ID, restorative dentists know that you want a restoration that looks as close to a natural tooth as possible. This is why crowns are often made from a tooth-colored material like porcelain, which creates an extremely realistic look. Crowns are made uniquely based on your own measurements, so only you will know which tooth has a crown. We pride ourselves on creating beautiful and lifelike restorations that blend right in with the rest of your smile.
Who can benefit from dental crowns?
As we mentioned earlier, a dental crown is usually meant to be restorative. This means that you may be able to benefit from getting a dental crown if you:
- Need to strengthen a tooth
- Have a weak, fractured, or severely decayed tooth
- Are dealing with a severely malformed or discolored tooth (crowns can also improve your smile’s appearance)
- Have a large dental filling that can no longer support the natural tooth’s structure
- Are getting a dental implant to replace a missing tooth (crowns cover the implant)
- Are getting a dental bridge to replace a tooth (crowns are placed to hold the false tooth or teeth in place)
If you are living in Rigby, ID, and are interested in finding out more about dental crowns and whether they could benefit your smile then call our TowneSquare Dental today to schedule your no-risk consultation with your dentist!
How dental implants from your dentists in Rigby, Idaho can give you back your smile
Dental implants can give you a smile you can be proud of. You may be wondering if dental implants are right for your smile. Chances are dental implants are the perfect choice to replace your missing teeth. Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen at Townesquare Dental in Rigby, Idaho can help you get your smile back with dental implants.
Dental implants are a great choice for replacing one missing tooth, or multiple missing teeth. They are also an excellent alternative if you’ve worn a denture and want more natural looking, naturally-functioning tooth replacement.
Dental require you to practice excellent oral hygiene habits. If you aren’t brushing and flossing regularly, it’s never too late to start. Ideally, in order to maintain your dental implants, you should be brushing after meals and before bed, and flossing at least once each day.
Dental implants are right for you if you want to enjoy naturally beautiful tooth replacement that is completely stable. Dental implant crowns are made of translucent materials like high-grade dental ceramic which looks just like tooth enamel so your dental implants will look just like natural teeth. Dental implants are firmly embedded and surrounded by jawbone, so you know they will be stable.
Dental implants are right for most people. In fact, they have a success rate of over 95 percent, according to the American Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. That’s the highest success rate of any surgical implant, so you know you will enjoy successful tooth replacement too!
You deserve to be proud of your smile, and dental implants can give you a beautiful smile. Just pick up your phone and call Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen at Townesquare Dental in Rigby, Idaho today!
In the past, dental work was sometimes very obvious after the fact, especially when it came to placing dental fillings. However, thanks to advancements in dental technology, dental restorations are more discreet than ever, blending seamlessly into your smile to give you a look you feel great about. Discover tooth-colored fillings and how they can benefit you with Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen at Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID.
Do I need a tooth-colored filling?
Dental fillings treat teeth decay which has not yet advanced far enough to reach the tooth’s inner pulp chamber, which houses the tooth’s soft tissues, nerves, and blood vessels. Teeth which require a filling usually do not cause a toothache, but may have a visible dark spot or hole. Your dentist can help you determine if you need a dental filling at an examination.
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
During a filling procedure, your dentist removes the decayed portion of a tooth and fills it back in using synthetic materials. Fillings used to be made of amalgam, a darkly-colored material. Amalgam was durable but obvious when patients would open their mouth to speak or laugh. However, tooth-colored fillings use composite resin materials which come in a variety of colors. The resin is easily color-matched to your natural teeth, providing a seamless look and no obvious marks.
Tooth-Colored Fillings in Rigby, ID
Before suggesting a filling, your dentist will use a visual and x-ray inspection of your tooth to ensure that you do not need a more advanced treatment, such as a root canal. A root canal becomes necessary once the decay has reached the inner soft tissues of the tooth.
For more information on the benefits of tooth-colored fillings, please contact Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen at Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID. Call (208) 745-8704 to schedule your appointment with your dentist today!
Learn more about cosmetic dentistry from your Rigby dentists.
Smile problems? Cosmetic dentistry can give you the Hollywood smile you've always wanted. Cosmetic dentistry refers to any dental work used to improve the appearance of a patient's smile. Dr. Richard George and Dr. Boone Allen at Townesquare Dental in Rigby, ID, offers a full range of cosmetic dentistry services. Read on to find out which cosmetic dentistry procedures are right for you.
1. Teeth Whitening- Professional teeth whitening can give you the white smile you've always wanted. In-office bleaching involves combining hydrogen peroxide gel with a special light to speed up the process. In-office bleaching can make your teeth 8-10 shades lighter in about 45 minutes. Professional take-home whitening involves custom-fitted, dental trays filled with a bleaching gel that you can use at home. A take-home treatment can make your teeth several shades lighter in a couple of weeks.
2. Dental Veneers- Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin shells that are placed over the front of the teeth to enhance your smile. Veneers are used to fix teeth that are weakened, crooked, chipped, cracked, and discolored. They're also used to fix gaps between teeth. Veneers provide strength comparable to tooth enamel. These shells are very resistant to wear and fractures.
3. Cosmetic Fillings- Everyone needs a dental filling at some point in their lives. Cosmetic fillings, or tooth-colored fillings, are used to restore decayed or damaged teeth. Cosmetic dental fillings are also used to replace amalgam (silver) fillings for cosmetic purposes. They are made of ceramic and plastic compounds. Cosmetic dental fillings look just like natural teeth.
4. Dental Bonding- Dental bonding is the application of a tooth-colored material using a light, which bonds the material to the teeth to improve your smile. Dental bonding is used to repair teeth that are cracked, chipped, and decayed. Bonding is also used to improve the appearance of stained teeth, make the teeth appear longer, change the shape of the teeth, and close gaps between teeth.
5. Dental Implants- There's no need to go through life with missing teeth. Dental implants are a durable, natural-looking option for replacing missing teeth. Dental implants are small posts that are surgically positioned into the jawbone underneath your gums. There are many advantages to dental implants, including improved appearance, improved speech, and easier eating.
If you want a Hollywood smile, this is your chance! Start your journey today! Call Townesquare Dental at 208-745-8704 today to schedule a dental consultation in Rigby, ID. We've helped many people enhance their smiles, giving them more self-confidence and improving their lives. And we will do the same for you!